Hey fam — we have two huge votes coming up this week: 1) Betsy DeVos’ confirmation vote as Secretary of Education, and 2) The House of Reps vote on whether or not to repeal crucial parts of the Affordable Care Act (details at bottom of this page). Also, we want to encourage the Senate Judiciary Committee to insist on another confirmation hearing for Attorney-General pick and Grade-A racist Jeff Sessions after he helped Trump orchestrate some of his most alarming policies, including his promised Syrian refugee bans and wall along the Mexican border (which surprise — Mexico isn’t paying for.) Make even one call today and it could make a huge difference: it’s not to late to stop DeVos and Sessions and save the ACA. Here’s how.
JANUARY 26, 2017
1) Call THESE critical senators to resist the appointment of Betty DeVos:
- Susan Collins (ME) 207.622.8414 or 202.224.2523
- Lamar Alexander (TN) 615.736.5129 or 202.224.4944
- Lisa Murkowski (AK) 907.586.7277 or 202.224.6665
- Johnny Isakson (GA) 770.661.0999 or 202.224.3643
- Orrin Hatch (UT) 801.524.4380 or 202.224.5251
- Richard Burr (NC) 336.631.5125 or 202.224.3154 or 910.251.1058 or 828.350.2437
- Michael Enzi (WY) 202.224.3424
- Dr. Bill Cassidy (LA) 202.224.5824
- Pat Roberts (KS) 202.224.4774
- Tim Scott (SC) 202.224.6121
- Rand Paul (KY) 202.224.4343
2) Call Thomas Massie (if you live near me in KY!) to encourage him to support the Affordable Care Act:
Washington, DC Office phone: (202) 225-3465
Ashland Office Phone: (606) 324-9898
LaGrange Office Phone: (502) 265-9119
Northern Kentucky Office Phone: (859) 426-0080
OR call YOUR representative: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
3) Call Senate Judiciary Committee Members to insist on another confirmation hearing for Jeff Sessions.
If you live in California, Dianne Feinstein is a Ranking Member:
Phone: (202) 224-3841 Washington DC Office
Other Members of Senate Judiciary Committee:
Their contact info is here: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
Chairman: Senator Chuck Grassley (R – IA)
Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R – UT)
Senator Lindsey Graham (R – SC)
Senator John Cornyn (R – TX)
Senator Michael S. Lee (R – UT)
Senator Ted Cruz (R – TX)
Senator Ben Sasse (R – NE)
Senator Jeff Flake (R – AZ)
Senator Mike Crapo (R – ID)
Senator Thom Tillis (R – NC)
Senator John Kennedy (R – LA)
Senator Mazie Hirono (D – HI)
Senator Richard Blumenthal (D – CT)
Senator Christopher A. Coons (D – DE)
Senator Al Franken (D – MN)
Senator Amy Klobuchar (D – MN)
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D – RI)
Senator Patrick Leahy (D – VT)
Senator Dick Durbin (D – IL)
Affordable Care Act Repeal Information — What the Senate Voted to Cut:
1. Coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. Remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Allowing children to remain on their parent’s insurance till the age of 26.
4. Funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. AND sent direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.